RFPG tourist development proposals for Rubicon State Forest
RFPG has proposed a series of far reaching tourist proposals to the Murrindindi Shire Council in a letter to the Mayor, Cr Margaret Rae, dated 19 April 2016. The proposals include:
1. Upgrade Tweed Spur track and Cathedral Lane/Chitty Ridge Track to 2WD standard to create a wonderful scenic drive linking the Cathedral Range State Park to the Rubicon State Forest
2. Develop other self-guided driving tours on the Plateau highlighting historic, ecological and geologically significant spot
3. Open up Royston Falls and Elephant Rock via a tourist walk from the Power Station.
4. Improve signposting and access to Rubicon Historic Area
5. Check if Rubicon Timber Tramway museum has any spare items to establish a mini display at the Power Station
6. Open haulage line with cog railway from Rubicon Power Station
7. Establish mountain bike trails, incorporating aqueducts.
Detailed proposals here